Make: Austin Healey
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Body Style: Convertible
Exterior Colour: Black
Interior Colour: Black
Exterior Condition: Excellent
Interior Condition: Excellent
Mechanical Condition: Excellent
Chassis Condition: Excellent
Trunk Condition: Excellent
FOR SALE: Austin-Healey 100-8
Custom-built to high performance specifications. Terry Di Francesco of Tractech Enterprises built this car from scratch, based on the chassis of the Healey and using and maintaining the original steel/aluminium body panels. The idea was to eliminate all the issues the original car had – from grilled feet to stiff backs – from nose-heaviness to anaemic power – and transform one of the most beautiful automotive creations of all times into a stunning driver that is docile on the road and mind-boggling on a track. Several automotive professionals have driven the car and were nothing but amazed.
Buy this car for only $99,500.00 U.S. ($125,500.00 CDN.) and enjoy a unique automotive experience!!
Check out the specifications:
First off, what you see here is NOT a resto-mod or hot-rodded 1959 Austin Healey 100. It is rather a 2015 new automobile. We have further developed the engineering of the classic, using the incredibly beautiful Donald Healey designed body combined with todays mechanics. It is a ground-up re-engineered, newly built car by a professional race car fabrication shop.
This car has redefined what the Big Healey might have become. Every detail is developed to perfection, every line a testament to the purity of the original design. Powerful, stiff and nimble, neutral handling, good brakes, comfortable seating…
It has to be “the most beautiful Healey I have ever seen” (Russ Keep, Section Head, Austin Healey Club of
Keith Deyer, former Chief Engineer GM Proving Grounds said: “This car handles better than some modern cars. It is very balanced and docile. The breathtaking power is totally under control”.
- 5.7 litre (350 cui) aluminium Chevrolet LS1 engine, built from new block
- Performance pistons and conrods
- Head ported and large valves, stiffer valve springs
- Edelbrook LS1 performance kit: #2116 Camshaft, 750 cfm downdraft carburettor (by Weber), intake manifold, ignition box(by MSD)
- Custom headers/exhaust with equal length header pipes, ceramic coated inside-out
Gearbox: GM T5 manual 5-speed
Rear Axle: Mustang with limited slip differential (from Multimatic)
- Front – modified stock, fully adjustable
- Rear – coils springs, adjustable
- Discs around (from Mustang)
- Dual circuit
- 15″ Dayton wire wheels
- 205/65-15 performance tyres
Steering: Rack and pinion (from Porsche)
- All original steel/aluminium panels
- Rotisserie restoration
- Chassis altered, substantially stiffened and reinforced
- Period-correct side louvers
- Rear section widened by 0.5″ at inside of fender (unnoticeable)
- Extensive heat shielding to keep the interior cool
- Detachable, paperclip style roll bar
- Lexan windscreen, lowered and raked
- Ram air intake, maintaining original bonnet
- Canvas tonneau cover. Parts for factory soft-top are included
- Smiths instruments by Caerbont.
- Electronic tachometer and GPS-driven speedometer.
- Original style design
- Modified Moto Lita steering wheel, adjustable
- Race car pedal setup
- Original Healey trafficator
- Highly modified Honda seats(adjustable and comfortable!), German leather covered, period-looking
- Inertia 3-point seat belts, removable 6-point driver’s harness
- Fully insulated/heat shielded carpeting
- 450+ HP
- Curb weight 2,320 lbs wet
- 49.5/50.5 weight distribution
Contact: Maurice Bramhall
Local: 416-822-0098 — Toll Free: 1-800-265-4187
Don’t miss out! To stay informed on cars just like this one, sign up for our email list.